Perform the following steps as soon as you receive a chargeback notification:
1. Log in to your PagueloFacil account.
2. Go to Transactions -> Claims. In this section, all the chargebacks that are presented in your account are registered. Here you will be able to know the status of each claim, as well as place evidence and comments on each one of them.
3. Communicate immediately with the purchaser or cardholder to find out the reasons for the claim. This may help minimize the time of representation and dispute, as chargebacks are often created because the cardholder does not remember the charge.
4. The merchant should send any documentation or evidence it handles about the transaction in dispute. Some documents that can be sent as evidence are:
- Receipt of the transaction
- Waybill and proof of delivery (for physical product)
- Email conversations
- Chargeback confirmations
Evidence may vary depending on the reason for the chargeback.
From this point on, there are 3 different scenarios your chargeback can go through:
1. In case NO evidence has been provided within 5 working days of the chargeback, PagueloFacil will consider by default that the merchant accepts the chargeback and the merchant will have lost the chargeback.
2. In case the issuing bank determines that the chargeback is legitimate, the status of the chargeback will change to "Earned". In this case, the chargeback amount will be released in your PagueloFacil account.
3. In case the issuing bank determines that the chargeback was made improperly, the status of the chargeback will change to "Lost". In this case, the money is transferred back to the cardholder and the merchant will have lost the amount of the transaction.
Please sign in to leave a comment.