Recurring Payment Links are a tool that allows your customers to sign up for their subscriptions in a convenient and secure way, making it easy to manage transactions and update payment information.
These work when you create a subscription, tap the link option, and it automatically sends your customer a unique link that allows them to make a specific payment related to a subscription or recurring charge. From that first payment, the subscription is activated and recurring charges will be made for a specified period on the subscription.
Here is the specific description of how recurring payment links work:
1. Link Generation: In the platform, when generating a subscription and choosing the option to send a payment link, the platform sends the recurring payment link to the customer's email. This link includes important information such as the amount to be paid, the client's name, the name of the subscription plan and the billing periodicity.
2. Sending the Link: This payment link is sent to the customer via email as part of the subscription process or as a payment reminder. You can also copy the link of the link and send it through the means with which you have contact with your customer or resend the link.
Both actions can be done with the buttons next to the subscription you created. Once your customer has made the first charge, these buttons will no longer appear.
3. Using the Payment Link: When the customer receives the payment link, he can click on it to access a secure payment page where he can review his subscription details and complete the payment. Here, the customer can enter their credit or debit card information, or use online payment methods, as configured by your platform.
4. Payment Confirmation: Once the customer has made the payment using the "payment link", the platform will confirm the transaction and update the subscription status from "Pending" to "Active" in this case. In addition, the card details will be recorded for future transactions.
5. Single Use and Validity: It is important to note that this "payment link" is a single use, which means that it can only be used for one transaction. The validity of this payment link coincides with the billing period of the subscription, which ensures that it is effective for the time necessary to make the corresponding charge.
States of recurring payment links
Recurring links handle three statuses:
Pending: the pending status means that the customer's card details are missing and will remain until the customer fills out the recurring payment link. Under this status, none of the charges related to the subscription have been made.
Active: the active status represents that the customer completed the recurring payment link and the card details were successfully saved, and the subscription has started.
Cancelled: the cancelled status can occur for several scenarios, however, all of them are based on the fact that the subscription will not run any more charges.